Monday, February 2, 2009

Eh.

I'm. Bored.

And I have plenty to do. For instance, I should be writing in this blog, coming up with some insightful and brilliant commentary on the human experience, while at the same time throwing in pop culture references and hysterical one-liners. I should also be workshopping my own ideas (that sounds pitifully arrogant and pointless, I know) concerning the written content of my soon-to-be business website. Yes. It really is going to happen one day.
I have books! One is halfway done. C.S. Lewis' part deux of the space trilogy. I just don't feel like reading the stylized account of how allegorical Satan literally used logic to convince the allegorical Eve that it was her duty to experience sin in order to spare allegorical Adam the trouble. Then, of course, logically she has to teach him just what sin is.
I also have the second book in the King Raven series. I have boks on Christian counseling that beg for my attention because I'll soon be partially responsible for someone else's walk and relationship. I just don't feel like reading right now. I mean, I have Les Stroud's newest book, and I've barely gotten past chapter 2!
I have videogames that haven't been conquered. There are secrets in Little Big Planet that I've yet to unlock, and places in Fallout that I've yet to trod with my virtual feet. Even if my TV was in front of me (it's not even back in my house yet, because we needed it for the Super Bowl party last night, and I haven't gone to get it yet), I doubt I'd want to play anything.
I've unloaded the dishwasher. I've loaded it back up again. I've turned the light on for Kara so that when she gets home, she might feel a tiny bit more welcomed than she would if the little stoop out front were still covered in sunless shade.

So, I'm here. Typing away and getting a little kick out of the rythm of the keys on the rare occasion that I think far ahead enough to get a complete sentence together and don't make more than ten typos as my fingers struggle to strike the correct keys. Oh, by the way, I decided on MyOneWord for this year: it's "grow." I should really write it down in seven or eight conspicuous places so that I can focus myself and invite God to use that word to reach me. At least that's my prayer. It worked last year with "husband" and "lead," though I admit that I could have worked alot harder at it. That's why I feel like I should really write it in blatantly obvious spaces. It'll be a start. Odd, starting the new year in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment