Saturday, January 24, 2009

Another One Bites the Ducks

Well, another season, another lackluster result: Stew and I didn't fire a single shot this morning, though we both had (very) small groups land within 15 feet of us. This wraps up a season of shotless Saturdays that started off so well for me. On the very first day of the season, I shot 4 times and came away with my limit of three wood ducks - two drakes and a hen. Then, for some reason, the ducks just stopped showing up.

But we didn't. I think I've converted Stewart. We're leaving my parent's house in a couple of hours to head down to Bass Pro Shops. He needs a pair of waders so that he can stop borrowing dad's. Maybe he'll even find some 16 ga. steel shot. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

Oh, also, the third SG Catfish Lake trip is coming up on the second weekend of March. All y'all who are going, get yer' gear ready!

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, sounds like my kind of duck hunting. No shooting required. No dead ducks to deal with. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was, um... not the intended result. Next season, there will be blood and feathers galore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my second attempt at posting this comment. For whatever reason, the captcha wouldn't show up last time. Anyway, I was going to ask what NC duck tasted like. Any good?

    ReplyDelete