Sunday, April 19, 2009

Growin': What's Up with Me Lately

I haven't bloggerized in a while. I don't know why, really - it's not like I didn't have anything to write about. Remember that whole " 'Grow' is my one-word" post? It's really taken off.

For starters, after I lost my job, I was able to go back to work with my dad. This has allowed alot of opportunities to be closer with my parents, seeing them weekly instead of monthly. On my personal side of things, starting a business on my own in this economy is rough, but I have a couple of things lined up for this week. Now scheduling tings becomes an issue, but it's a ton-times better than wondering if I'll have work tomorrow, or the next day, or the next. It's also a blessing, because when I do have free days, especially on a Thursday or Friday, I'm allowed the opportunity to go to the church and play around on the lightboard. "Play around" is what it feels like to me, but I'm actually trying to get into programming it for Sunday mornings. Learning to program just means that I have to put alot more hours into running it. But I'll get it one day. Paschal and Josh are awesome teachers. Now if only work would allow me to be there every Thursday and Friday, I'd get there alot quicker.

Speaking of my company, Jesse Bond (against my best efforts to slow him down, what with the lack of content and pictures that I've lazily neglected to collect) has "finished" my still-growing-and-ever-evolving webpage, www.artisanelectric.info. Since it's ever-evolving, and since I don't consider myself to be a credible witness for my own website, I'd like everyone who could to help me add stuff to it. In other words, if you don't mind being quoted on my website, I'd like to add some of your words to Jesse's. Comment here to add them, or email me at calltheartisan@gmail.com.

So, since I *technically* had a business last year, this year's taxes reflected a loss. Which, by the way, was another blessing from God, because now the tax check coming back to us - at least according to TurboTax - will finance a 12' x 16' builing in my backyard. Its construction will allow me to finally clean out my guest bedroom and office closets, as well as allow me get our Christmas stuff out of the attic and down to the ground level where it's more easily accessible. We're supposed to start that next Friday. At the same time, Mom and Kara will be busily scouring Lowe's for plants to set out in our as-of-yet uncompleted garden. On top of that, I'm scheduled to volunteer all day Sunday from 6:30 - 2:00. I guess this about sums it up: if you're reading this, then don't expect me to be able to hang out with you next weekend. Also, if you're reading this, and you owe me one, expect me to call and collect that favor next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment