Sunday, April 19, 2009

House Works

We went to Lowe's to scope out the plants, specifically the veggies that are about 6-9 inches high and fruitless. Um, veggie-less? Regardless, they're little green sprigs with no immediately discernible use at the moment. For those of you who are planning on going to Lowe's for gardening, one word: don't.
Sure, we picked up two tomato plants, but if you're looking for anything other than tomatoes, watermelons, or a few assorted pepper plants, I'd suggest you look elsewhere. I'm recommending the herb garden place just outside of Leland on Hwy 17.
We also just happened upon a happy little impulse buy whilst looking for an exact odd request from my dad - which, by the way, we didn't find. We did, however, walk out with a new kitchen faucet and water filter; the filter regular price, the fixture ~55% off. I'll give you three guesses where I've been for the past two hours. Here's a hint: my old sink fixture was welded into place by six years of corrosion and funky gunk.
Now, I'm taking a minute to blog for the second time in one day before I start straightening up this sty we call a living room in time for Small Group. Question: how do two grown adults clean up a room every week, vow to not let it get that way in the next seven days, and still have to clean it up the next week? As Kara asks, "What is it with us? We can't seem to keep anything nice."
Hopefully that will all change next week. We'll have dirt and sawdust from our yard projects on our feet, about eight or ten people traipsing about, in and out of the house, and possibly, a kitten to liven things up. Yeah. We'll be cleaning right up until Small Group once again, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment